In every SAP BW/4HANA project, customer exit variables are needed sooner or later. However, this topic lacks the necessary attention. So slowly but surely a chaotic structure grows up. A look at the legacy system often shows that there is a need for action.
In this series of articles, I’d like to share a few ideas on how to organize code in a meaningful way and keep an easy track of variables. I have now used this concept with several clients as a framework that assists with the following issues:
- How do I find a variable with the appropriate properties without having to create it myself?
- How to make the variable code flexible and reusable?
- How can advisors be effectively supported in implementing the variables?
- How can variable exits be tested automatically using test data? With ABAP Unit Tests or from the user interface…
No post found!
Consulting Package BEx Exit Variables
Book a complete package to get a handle on this issue. So that in the new BW/4HANA there is not immediately again a wild growth, as it was in the old system.
Let us show you the concept and the possibilities in a free workshop.
Scope of the consulting package
- The implementation of an established framework that can be adapted to your requirements. This consists of
- A search interface with code preview
- Customizing surfaces
- A function library for the fast creation of ABAP code
- A test environment for the variables
- A step-by-step guide for BW consultants as a PDF document.
- A workshop for BW consultants.
- Many examples of variable exits for typical requirements
This post is also available in: Deutsch